1
    Sign in

Player Loses $274.84 on Stake Dice with 1.01x Multiplier

14 Mar 2024
Leon Travers 14 Mar 2024
Share this article
Or copy link
  • Stake shares news of a brutal Dice result as player suffers unexpected $274.84 loss
  • Player chose an ultra-low risk 1.01x multiplier but was on the wrong side of the outcome
  • According to Stake’s player count data, Originals Dice is among the top three most-played games at Stake Casino
  • Responsible gambling with Stake Safe
  • Unlucky Dice Bet Serves as Reminder
  • Responsible Gambling at Stake
The old saying ‘There’s no such thing as a safe bet’ rings true as a Stake Casino player suffered the unluckiest of outcomes while playing Dice.

Unlucky Dice Bet Serves as Reminder

When you place a bet with a 1.01x multiplier on Stake Dice, you have a 98% chance of winning. On the flip side, there is a 2% chance the bet will lose. That was the gamble one Stake Casino player undertook.

The wager size was $274.84. With the payout multiplier set at 1.01x, the player stood to win an extra $2.75. Needing a roll under 98.00, the outcome was 98.07.


Stake often shares news of big wins from its casino and sportsbook, which is always nice to see. However, it’s also good to see these tweets as well because they serve as a reminder that even the most unlikely losses can occur. 

Responsible Gambling at Stake

Stake takes its role as a responsible gambling operator seriously. The responsible gambling information is accessible from the main menu, which highlights the importance that Stake gives it.

Within this section of the site, you’ll find:

  • Stake Safe: This is Stake’s mission to foster responsible gambling. Stake Safe is packed with tips for managing your gambling activity. Also, it explains key concepts about gambling, such as understanding the odds and the probability of winning or losing.

  • Recognize the Signs: A problem with gambling is something that develops. There are some telltale signs that can serve as red flags, which, if acted upon, can help players address any issues before they become unhealthy. 

  • Self Assessment: It only takes five minutes to complete Stake’s Self Assessment form. It’s important to be honest with your answers so that the evaluation results are accurate.

  • Self Exclusion: Learn how to close and delete your Stake account forever. 

  • Gambling Limits: Easily set limits on your account. These can be daily/weekly/monthly deposit limits or loss limits on your gameplay over a certain period.

  • Budget Calculator: This is a useful tool to help players effectively calculate how much spare cash they have to gamble with. I’ve used this calculator, it is extremely helpful.

When you register at Stake.com, I recommend taking a few minutes to read through Stake Safe. Setting limits on your account is also a sensible approach to gambling. This form of entertainment is super exciting for those who stay in control.